Backyard is the first stage of Sonic Movie Maker.
Backyard takes place at a photo shoot featuring an infant Original Character set against a stereotypical backyard scene, complete with American football and vintage sedan. Backyard serves as the game's tutorial stage with various speech bubbles introducing the player to Sonic Movie Maker's basic controls.
The stage- is the background an homage to XP's Bliss or actually just XP's Bliss. I'll edit this later.
Speech Bubbles Edit
- Catch the ball you dirty nigga
Behind the shoot's backdrop lie the speech bubbles X and Y placed in front of a film camera, implying the Original Character was lured behind the stage and sexually assaulted. The dark and implied nature of Backyards's storytelling serves to set the tone of Sonic Movie Maker's plot.
- An Eggy is hidden to the right of the starting point.He will say that he wants a football. If player gives the Eggy a football, a speech bubble that says "Hike" will pop out, which can be used in filming.
- Giving Sonic a football will spawn hearts around him.
- Springs will bounce any object they hit.
- Sonic got destroyed at football
- The background of the scene is similar to the default Windows XP desktop background, Bliss.